Permanent · Full-time · Helsinki/Tampere/Jyväskylä/Remote
Would you like to be a part of Recordly's story? Now is your chance! We’re looking for a Data Architect eager to help businesses capitalize on the opportunities data offers. Working at Recordly means you get to work with customers that truly want to make data their competitive edge.
“WHO/WHAT IS RECORDLY?” YOU MIGHT ASK
Recordly is an independent company party of the Futurice family specializing in business data management. Our core business focuses on data management, data architectures, and hands-on data engineering that enable exceptional user experiences, efficiency gains, and new business models. In simple terms, we tech the heck out of data.
Our employee promise (besides offering engaging customer assignments of course) includes the possibility to enjoy the company's success and shape who we are and what we do, together. We believe in being open about how the business is going and how the choices we make affect the bottom line. Take a look at our site to get to know us better.
NOW TO THE ROLE ITSELF
A Data Architect at Recordly typically works in tight cooperation with our customers within different assignments. Assignments vary and may sometimes even require hands-on work from time to time - meaning you may have to open up AWS/Azure/GCP Console and deploy some resources if needed or write some SQL lines when the Data Engineers are not around.
As we focus on creating actual business value by creating or utilizing for example data platforms, we value the following skills:
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written, along with the ability to influence and demonstrate confidence in communications with senior-level management.
- Ability to understand and translate business requirements into data and technical requirements. - And we truly mean this. We want to be the glue, bridge, sellotape - whatever you want to call it - between the IT and business departments so that they understand each other.
- Ability to cope with ever-evolving technologies used in the data domain and simultaneously understand the business and engineering side of new data products. - Yes, we know this sounds awful. The data domain is moving 88 miles per hour, making it difficult for anyone to keep up with, for example, what Apache Foundation is releasing next month. Fear not, however, we will help you with this with our continuous learning opportunities and hackathons.
- Working knowledge of Agile development, including DevOps and DataOps concepts.
- Finnish and English skills as some of our projects are in Finnish.
Necessary technical skills:
- Experience in designing and building hands-on and running highly available, distributed systems of data extraction, ingestion, and processing of large data sets. - We don’t mind if your experience is also from on-premise systems, as we know that the scalability pains are even higher over there.
- Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building high-volume ETL/ELT pipelines. - If star schemas or Data Vault or Data Warehouse Automation are familiar words to you, you’ll be fine.
- Fluent with cloud infrastructure, especially the data side of the big three (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud Platform) - We don’t expect you to be certified (we can help you with that), but work experience at least within one of the big three is needed.
- Understanding and/or experience with Data Lake infrastructure, Data Warehousing, and Data Analytics tools. - By this we mean, that you know what other tools (MDM, Data Catalogs, Data Lineage tools etc.) are needed for a good data platform and have some experience with those.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
When you join Recordly, you'll be greeted by our open and exciting culture. On the more tangible side we have you covered with benefits:
- As a Recordly employee, you have the option to buy stocks of the company through the common employee share program
- A yearly bonus based on company performance (equal to all full-time Recordlians)
- Flexible remote working
- Lunch benefit as a part of pimp-your-benefits
- Phone benefit
- Pick the laptop and phone of your choosing
- Health care & services, including dental and mental health
- Childcare services when your child falls ill
- Insurance for travel and free-time
- Recurring training & learning sessions
- Wellness and personal development
- Sports, culture & massage
- Bike benefit
Besides those, we promise you challenging customer assignments. Go check out the amazing work our data architects have done.
INTERESTED TO HEAR MORE?
The recruitment process usually has two to three steps during which we get to know who you are and what motivates you. You will learn more about Recordly and get to meet different people from our company. You'll have the opportunity to present highlights from your career and tell us about your skills, roles, and learnings. We’re committed to creating a good match between you and our organization, and want to spend time to get it right. Sometimes, an assignment might be given to you to complete between interviews.
When we’re done with the face-to-face discussions, we’ll contact the people you have chosen as references.
We hope to hear from you soon!
About Recordly Oy
Recordly is a pioneering data company specializing in future-proof, robust, and secure data solutions businesses actually profit from. Founded in 2021, our growing band is made up of passionate data and ML lovers. Our clients vary from disruptors at the beginning of their journeys to global conglomerates with yearly revenues of almost 10 billion euros. We see ourselves as the catalyst for change in the way data solutions are developed and how workplaces are built.
Permanent · Full-time · Helsinki/Tampere/Jyväskylä/Remote
Loading application form
Already working at Recordly Oy?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.