MACHINE LEARNING LOVER
Would you like to be a part of Recordly's story? Now is your chance! We’re looking for a Machine Learning Engineer eager to help businesses capitalize on the opportunities data and machine learning offer. Working at Recordly means you get to work with customers that truly want to make data and ML/AI their competitive edge.
“WHO/WHAT IS RECORDLY?” YOU MIGHT ASK
Recordly is an independent company part of the Futurice family that specializes in business data management. Our core business focuses on data management, data architectures, and hands-on data engineering that enable exceptional user experiences, efficiency gains, and new business models. In simple terms, we tech the heck out of data.
Our employee promise (besides offering engaging customer assignments of course) includes the possibility to enjoy the company's success and shape who we are and what we do, together. We believe in being open about how the business is going and how the choices we make affect the bottom line. Take a look at our site to get to know us better.
NOW TO THE ROLE ITSELF
A Machine Learning Engineer at Recordly typically works in tight cooperation with very skilled colleagues and our customers within different assignments. Assignments vary and typically require hands-on work from time to time - meaning you may have to open up AWS/Azure/GCP Console and deploy some machine learning resources or write some MLOps stuff or data pipelines when the Data Engineers are not around.
As we focus on creating actual business value by creating or utilizing for example data and machine learning platforms, we value the following skills:
- Technical skills, both verbal and written, along with the ability to influence and demonstrate confidence in communications with data and machine learning technologies such as
- Fluent with cloud infrastructure, especially the data side of the big three. We don’t expect you to be certified (we can help you with that), but work experience at least within one of the big three is needed.
- Python - Yeah. This is our main tool in development. Knowledge of other languages is considered an advantage. Of course.
- MLOps concepts and tool(s) - The most important part of your job is to build the capabilities to enable productive machine learning solutions. We believe that MLOps and other <Dev/Data>Ops methods are an important part of that.
- Basic knowledge of machine learning models - It’s important to make business value using various machine learning models. To ensure this, a basic understanding of how the models work is sufficient, but even more important is an interest in how the models are operated in a production environment.
- Understanding and/or experience with Data Lake infrastructure, Data Warehousing, and Data Analytics tools. By this we mean, that you know what other tools (MDM, Data Catalogs, Data Lineage tools etc.) are needed for a good data platform and have some experience with those.
- Ability to understand and translate business requirements into data and machine learning technical requirements. And we truly mean this. We want to be the glue, bridge, sellotape - whatever you want to call it - between the IT and business departments so that they understand each other.
Finnish and English skills as some of our projects are in Finnish.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
When you join Recordly, you’ll be greeted by our open culture and awesome colleagues. On the more tangible side, we both want you to be able to pay your bills and take good care of yourself. We do not believe in a one-size-fits-all approach. Therefore, we have introduced a pimp my benefits plan to make sure you get the most out of your benefits. Pick and choose what benefits you want to prioritise! In addition to the pimp my benefits offering, a great common baseline of benefits is offered to all employees. Below you can find some further details about our current benefit offering:
- As a Recordly employee, you have the option to buy stocks of the company through the common employee share program
- A yearly bonus based on company performance (equal to all full-time Recordlians)
- Flexible remote working model
- Extensive health care, including dental and mental health
- Monthly massage
- Insurance for travel and free-time
- Phone benefit
- Pick the laptop and phone of your choosing
- Child care services when your child falls ill
- Recurring training & learning sessions and other social events
- Lunch benefit as a part of pimp my benefits plan
- Sports & culture benefit as a part of pimp my benefits plan
- Bike benefit as a part of pimp my benefits plan
- Public transportation benefit as a part of pimp my benefits plan
- IT & remote budget as a part of pimp my benefits plan
- Home cleaning or additional child care services as a part of pimp my benefits plan
Besides those, we promise you challenging customer assignments. Go check out the amazing work our data architects have done. Please note that currently we only offer permanent remote work opportunities in Finland.
INTERESTED TO HEAR MORE?
The recruitment process usually has two to three steps during which we get to know who you are and what motivates you. You will learn more about Recordly and get to meet different people from our company. You'll have the opportunity to present highlights from your career and tell us about your skills, roles, and learnings. We’re committed to creating a good match between you and our organization, and want to spend time to get it right. Sometimes, an assignment might be given to you to complete between interviews.
When we’re done with the face-to-face discussions, we’ll contact the people you have chosen as references.
We hope to hear from you soon!